Thursday, January 20, 2011

Illustration Friday Chicken (in progress)



It's been fun looking at all the chickens this week. And the Twitterverse is clucking! Jannie Ho (chicken girl) suggested the word and since I consider her one of my Tweeps, I had to join in on all the chickeny fun! I'm still not done with it, but I thought I'd post it before the word changes.

Strangely enough, just the other day, one of my BFFs was telling a story about singing the song "Chicken Train" in her office at work (to everyone's amusement!) Everyone just looked at her as if she was a crazy woman, since no one remembered the song. She asked me if I remembered it and I broke out into song! Does anyone else remember it? It's from the 70s or 80's and it's by The Ozark Mountain Daredevils. I'm not sure that many people even heard of them outside of Missouri, but they were a staple on our local rock station KSHE 95. So the song has been on a continuous loop in my brain all week and I felt I had to take advantage of it! It's a silly, funny song! Click on the video to hear the song while you enjoy my visual Chicken Train!

4 comments:

Tracy said...

Cute chickies :) I love this idea!

Lynn Alpert said...

Thanks! Hopefully I get this done soon, and that song will stop playing in my head!

Rabbit Town Art said...

Aaaaw! That is so cute! Just want to pick them all up and hug them!

D. Lindsey said...

Cute illustration, Lynn! Now that song is stuck in my head. XD