Thursday, November 03, 2011

November is Picture Book Month



November is a busy month! To go along with PiBoIdMo, November is also Picture Book Month. Here's a little history: with an unprecedented amount of picture books being converted to the digital format, Dianne de Las Casas decided it was time to celebrate picture books in their printed format so she created an initiative to designate November as “Picture Book Month.” Katie Davis, Elizabeth Dulemba, Tara Lazar, and Wendy Martin came on board to champion the cause and spread the word.

Each day in November, a new essay about picture books will be posted on the website from such notable contributors as Suzanne Bloom, Denise Fleming, Leslie Helakoski, Eric A. Kimmel, Tammi Sauer, Dan Yaccarino, and Jane Yolen. It will also feature links to picture book resources, authors, illustrators, and kidlit book bloggers.
Join the celebration!

1 comment:

Vanessa Brantley Newton said...

Happy Picture Book Month to you girly. I just love it!! How wonderful. While I just adorable having these picture books on Ipads and other devices I still feel that there is nothing like the sound of a picture book and the smell of feel of a picture book. If it gets wet in the rain it still going to work. I will always have books in my office and in my home. By the way I love your choice of comfort foods. They made me hungry. Hope that all is well with you Lynn. Best to you always.
V