Sunday, January 08, 2012

Will Terry's "How To Design A Drawing"



I'm so excited to have won a free copy of Will Terry's "How To Design A Drawing" video tutorial. Even though I've been a graphic designer my whole life, I still struggle with integrating characters into backgrounds in my illustrations, and I'm sure this will help me with that.

Having been taught by Will for a week at the Writing and Illustrating For Young Readers Conference in 2009, I know I will come away with some great insights. I love the way Will teaches - he just talks about different aspects of illustration based on his experiences - not some hard and fast rules read out of a textbook.

Check out his tutorials - he has a new series of 8 videos. You can find them on folioacademy.com I'll let you know how it goes - but I'm sure I'll learn a lot from it!

4 comments:

Loni Edwards said...

Congrats! I won a copy also and I am very excited. It is one of my biggest challenges. Happy 2012!

Tammy said...

Thanks for visiting my blog!
I'm enjoying looking around your site also.
The picture that is used for the Comment Challenge was from Lee Wind's site. He and Mother Reader are both hosting this fun challenge.
Have a great day!

Linda Knoll said...

I'm going to have to look at this!

Juana Martinez-Neal said...

Congrats! Can't wait to hear your report on the video tutorial! Happy 2012, Lynn!